A couple of nights ago my grandfather's home was destroyed in a fire.  The house has been in our family for 50 years. My mother grew up in it.  I have so many fond memories from that house. It's really hard to believe that its gone now.

My mom has been living with my grandfather, taking care of him because he suffers from dementia and needs constant supervision and care.  Thank god everyone got out unharmed. The house was a total loss though, their car too.

I'm so upset for my mom. She has been through so much these last few years, I really thought the worst would be behind her...but now this.

One of the difficult parts about being married to somebody in the military is that it often takes you far away from your family and friends.  Its hard for anyone at any particular time, but you feel the distance the most in times of tragedy, of course.  I want so much to be there for my mom right now.  To help her any way I can, and just to be there for support, a shoulder to cry on.  There's only so much one can do when you live across the country.

I did start a gofundme for them.  They could use all the help they can get right now...they lost everything in the fire. They're in a hotel right now trying to figure out where to go from here, but they need money for lodging and food and other things.  This is the link if you'd like to help: http://www.gofundme.com/k1p0qg
Really, anything is appreciated, no amount is too small.  And if you can't help, at least say a prayer for them!

Thank you.


Leave a Reply

Copyright

Designed by Loving Life Designs | Powered by Blogger